Friday, April 29, 2011

FORWARD...my trusted steed...vorwaertz aufwaertz....

I have two more weeks at the Last Resort, then Buck Brannaman will have the arena for his foundation workshop and I will be heading out to the mountains again to give him the stamina and courage of a mountain horse. There is a beautiful jumping arena outside and I have started to work on obstacles and little jumps...Ever wondered why nobody has shown a mustang in coach driving yet....hmmm....?
My training is exclusive english, there will be no sliding stops and no roll backs, but instead I will come to a sensible halt and do a turn on the haunches. We will have walk trot and canter with emphasis on rhythm and round smooth and with a simple leadchange comlete both sides of the required maneuvers. I also have no tricks in store, even though Trisha thinks that he would be great at blowing a kiss and saying his name....also following around and other sweetness..Basically the horse will be trained for basic dressage.

No comments:

Post a Comment