Saturday, August 27, 2011

WORKING WITH MUSTANGS - HERE TIM SINGEWALD's Willy and Walen...




After the Extreme Mustang Makeover I have focused again on my horses hoping to get my One-Trick Pony show on the road...I have tried to have all 6 in a roundpen circus style, and circus-style it was...so I have to come up with some 5 helpers, who all hold one horse on the longeline and then we work in unison to get them to parley and prance...Meanwhile I have stepped back into Tim Singewald's roundpen and took on Willy and Walen...the sadness is that these two 5 year olds were born in captivity and still are more goosy and wild than the ones caught on the range...Such little effort would be required to do some foal training and they all would have such a better start. Which reminds me of the conversation at Canyon City, where we wondered why only male prisoners worked with mustangs...??? Ever thought about that???
Well the female inmates had started a program with the foals but never got it off the ground - I think they have to try again....
Well here are a couple of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment