Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Arrow's story...this could be your horse sometime...

Here is Arrow's story. He was born to a band of horses at the Caballos de Destino, a breeder near Hot Springs and came to the Sanctuary as a yearling. They considered him a promising colt and so he was easily identified and sold. Not having enough time for training to lead he was sent into the trailer and shipped off. He did return. This summer 2011, 4 years later, the 5 year old arrow came back, not trainable and not desirable. He was turned out onto the coffee flats with two new arrivals at the sanctuary, the two Sulphur Springs fillies from the BLM. Unfortunately the young gelding was not equipped to immediately understand the terrain and order on the flats. So he was challenged by two other geldings Tico and Montego (Bay) and in the process was able to hold on to the fillies but received an injury to his left eye, which rendered him badly compromised. He let go of the fillies eventually and joined another group of horses, when I saw him during my first in august. He was so appealing, that Melody painted a beautiful portrait of him and I requested him for training. I did not know about his injury then and to this day don't know whether he can see proper. He is dear to my heart and when he choses to come to me I appreciate his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment