Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Amanda, why don't you come into the roundpen and say Hello to ARROW..."

Here is a beautiful account of what the work or training and demonstrating can do for the mustang at a place like the sanctuary in the Black Hills. During my work in the last couple of months, numerous visitors of the training barn had the opportunity to physically engage with the horses whose stories I told as we watched them perform different tasks pertaining to their level of training.  One of the most appreciated stories and horses was Arrow, because he combines beauty and wildness and a portion of sadness to his presence. Mustangs are indeed (because of the lack of domestication) a seperate entity and more solemn and souvereign and this one is in particular. Still that is where our visions and aspirations start to fly and where we allow ourselves to live in the moment and connect. Thank you Amanda, for sending me the mail and the pictures, I hope to see you at the sanctuary for our future training camps for the Youth.


She writes:
" This is Amanda. I came to watch you training Arrow.I fell in love with him. Here are some  of the pictures of him. I will send you some of the other ones. If you don't mind sending me some other pictures of him. I will try to come and see you over some of my other breaks. Thank you so much for letting me watch him in training. Hope to see you at a later date. "

No comments:

Post a Comment