Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coppersmith #900 is back with my band of mustangs...NOW

A year has passed and I have stayed in touch with the young man that adopted my Mustang Make Over horse last year. Coppersmith 900 was bought to work and serve as both a wrangler and then dude horse on a resort ranch here in Northern Colorado. Come spring 2012 (just about a year after I picked him up in Canon City) as the season of recreational riding starts I joined Justin and Coppersmith for a couple of trail-rides. It was very apparent that I missed the Bay with the beautiful eyes. And as the weeks progressed the life circumstances for his new owner changed also and we decided that I should have the young horse back to do some more growing up before entering into an all season work schedule.  That was about 10 days ago.
I now have 7 horses - ONE FOR EACH DAY OF THE WEEK - Aragon, my sunday horse, was upset yesterday (Wednesday) when I picked him from the pasture, but I explained: "You are my Mustang Riders of Northern Colorado" and my "DEMO"(presentation) horse (and we had a presentation at the Ft. Collins SERTOMA club).
Veedawoo and Silhouette are going to be the major Poudre Wilderness Volunteer Horses this season, giving them plenty to do on the trails of the ROOSEVELT NATIONAL FOREST.
Galicio (still not 4 years old) is in middle school. His attention level is good for 30 days then he needs to go to pasture and grow into his body, which is shooting up...
Escalante and Coppersmith are "in training" and both get the brunt of my attention currently to see where  they stand and what potential lies hidden under the thick winter coat.
Ruigoord appreaciates hanging out with Patriach Aragon and seeing the pastures green before his favorite lady comes from Arizona to ride and spend some time in Colorado. He also looks forward to schlepping the youngsters around that will show up at the strawbale house in summer.
I will be turning 60 this year and feel that my life is about as fullfilled and wholesome as it can get...
Mustang presentation with Linda Hanick for the Overland SERTOMA CLUB in Ft. Collins (april 4th)
I would like to live on a sanctuary close to a Wild Horse area, and have the chance to observe horses in the their original environment but also have access to their wonderful talents as riding companions...

My sweet Bay with the eyes of a doe

No comments:

Post a Comment