Friday, December 2, 2011

...the MUSTANG I THOUGHT I COULD NEVER HAVE.....

The Beauty of the Mustang

ARROW BACK IN THE COFFEE FLATS of the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary...this is where he loves to be
This is a story written by a young lady, her name AMANDA, who came out to the sanctuary while Arrow was in training and had the privilege to meet and touch him. AND SO HE TOUCHED HER, which is what WILD HORSES do...she wrote this....

"........He stood there not sure if he should trust me or not. His large brown eyes looked at me, thru me, into my heart. I walked slowly toward him, no sudden movements. My hand slowly extended exposing the treat previously hidden. He stood there for a moment deciding if I was a threat. Deciding I wasn’t, he cautiously moved forward till he was next to me. His lips tickled my hand as he took the treat. Taking a small step back I allowed him to eat. When I began to pet him is when my heart melted. He was wild yet tame; I was petting him, a mustang who had lived wild. Wishing I could stay longer, I slowly peeled myself away. Somewhere I was changed; I could never be the same again. I had seen something so beautiful I couldn’t explain it. The mustang was the only thing I could think of for the next few days. When we had to leave South Dakota we drove past the barn were the mustang was kept. I broke down into tears, that’s when I knew I fell in love with something I could never have. He would never be mine; he would remain only a dream, something I wished for so badly I would make myself cry at night. There is never a day that I go without thinking of the mustang I can never have. I’ll have to continue imagining him until I see him again...."

Don't worry Amanda, Arrow is not going anywhere and like I said, he will remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment