Monday, December 19, 2011

BURNS AMENDMENT explained...horses can be sold to slaughter...

Some of the comments on my blog refer to the fact that the horses in LTH facilities look good and are safe. I have been to a round-up (Little Bookclikffs) to several short term holding facilities incl. a Prison program (canon City and Elm Creek), I have ridden and worked with volunteers on HMA's Wild Horse Management areas (amongst the wild horses) I own and ride 6 of them, I have trained a BLM mustang in 90 days for the Mustang Makeover. I have long experienced and worked with the First Mustang Sanctuary, the spanish Mustang Registry founding place in Oshoto....All these horses looked good and were safe. But they were not where they belonged...42 000 horses in HOLDING has only 2 answers. Either slaughter or some review of the management on the range...
Here is an article about the BURNS AMENDMENT, which since 2005 makes it legal for the BLM to sell horses indiscriminitely to ANYBODY at a sale barn..
.American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign- Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment