Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mr-One-Blue-Eye...one cool horse...

I saw Mr. One Blue Eye in a bunch of youngsters when I first moved to the IRAM institute and was fascinated by his gate and looks. Not the body of a mustang, there was still a lot of something in there. It was explained that he came from a neighboring breeding operator, who was trying to re-breed-cross the spanish War horse. Later I learned that the crossing included Peruvian Pasos etc.  I figured that breeding would have slaughter as a consequence and I am against both: STOP THE BREEDING AND STOP THE SLAUGHTER...

working with this little 2 year old (?) he impressed my with his beauty and very elevated gait and knee action. I find him charming, courageous (I have seen him protect his fillies) and also fascinating...The eyes keep hanging on. My training was groundwork up to saddling and basic longework. He is narrow through the chest which brings out the peruvian or paso and is also somewhat sudden...I do not know how big he will grow - but would love to see him shine under saddle...

No comments:

Post a Comment