Sunday, March 20, 2011

VEEDAWOO, then now and in between...

Today Sunday I continue to introduce my mustangs: Here is VEEDAWOO as a weanling and then later as a proud juvenile under saddle with the LG bitless bridle by Monika Lehmenkuehler from www.lg-zaum.de. Veedawoo is turning 6 this year, he has heart and the video says it all...
Veedawoo was part of an interesting experiment. I picked him up after weaning together with Silhouette and took him to the Rockies for about a year. My friend Deanna and I taught them the ways of the water and the snow and the leadrope and the trailer, longlining line and ditches and such. At 1 1/2 he returned to "the range" and was integrated slowly with similar aged bachelors and youngsters. I would visit every couple of months and see whether he still remembered me and he did. One time he came up to the Toyota when we were on the range preparing for the night and brought all his bachelor friends. The other bands also were curious and before too long we had too many horses around the truck to even consider spending the night. I had an idea and took a saddle blanket out assuming it would scatter the interest and have them wander away. To my surprise Veedawoo not only remembered but proudly accepted the pad on his back and wanted to show it off to his mates. At that the entire bunches snorted and disneylike cartoon images evolved as he tried to approach, they veered off pounding and then when he happily trotted down to the water hole the entire order or leadership had been rearranged, him being the king of the valley...as the sun was setting - all I could think about was that I could not believe that this pad was staying on like that....he must have been intricately balancing it....

No comments:

Post a Comment